Topic: Becoming A Pastry Chef
EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful pastry chef?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval


(1) Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.
I can use my ROP class for my independent component. The class I'm taking now is Basic Baking which teaches the basic knowledge and procedures to making desserts and breads. The class had given me first hand experiences, not just on baking and making desserts, but how to run a kitchen. I'm also taking a Safety and Sanitation class to go further into the knowledge of being safe in the kitchen and for the people we will be serving. I plan on taking Cake Decorations next semester if they will offer the course.
(2) Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours work requirement.
My Basic Baking class is giving me about 150 hours. I started from the third week of September and will finish late January. The class is on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. As you can tell, a class is 5 hours long but the time really goes by easily because you're always busy in the kitchen.
(3) How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?  
My The class I'm taking now, which is my Independent Component, is one of the pre requisite for Professional  Baking class. The others are Cake Decorations, Chocolate, and Frozen Desserts. I'm not going to be able to attend all of the classes but these are all steps to gaining the skills and knowledge required for a pastry chef. In these ROP classes, I get to actually experience how to make desserts and your peers and your instructors gives you techniques how to do it.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! Take pics and video...I'd like you to keep some sort of log.

    ReplyDelete