Topic: Becoming A Pastry Chef
EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful pastry chef?

Friday, April 27, 2012

Independent Component 2

Log of Hours
A Doc uploaded on Google Docs
click here
Evidence
Pictures of what we did in class

Literal:
  • I, Donna Mae Ratonel, affirm that I completed my independent component, which represents 90 hours of work.
  • I enrolled in advanced baking that goes over a much more cumbersome desserts.This class had better techniques, teams, and time management.  There were also a couple of one-on-one teaching because the instructor had less students to focus on. We were also taught more about making our own garnishes and different type of techniques.

Interpretive:
The class taught me better time management which is important to becoming a pastry chef. Communication was a lot easier but also because there were less people to communicate with. My creativity was challenge because everyone was stepping up on their plate. My instructor was almost always impressed with my work (plating and taste) which was really nice.

Applied:
Advanced Baking definitely helped me solidify 3 of my answers for my EQ. Chemistry was cleared up with making desserts that was made up different components that was fairly hard to do. Food Presentation was big in this class. I feel that I excelled a lot in that part. Finally, communication was easier and speaking up in a team went better for me, especially when I was chef of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment