Topic: Becoming A Pastry Chef
EQ: What is the most important skill of a successful pastry chef?

Friday, January 13, 2012

Service Learning

I am taking a basic baking class and a safety and sanitation class for my service learning. My hours for my baking class sums up to have about 100 hours. We've bake all sorts of desserts in class. I'm almost done with the photo slide that i will be posting up. We've had a substitute since December so our dishes have been random and not plated. I couldn't take pictures of them also but I logged them in. For my Safety and Sanitation class, I have about 70 hours in that class. It's a class that will get a SafeServ certificate. We just took the test yesterday and I hope I get really good results since it's a piece of cake. We learned the rules and regulations to be in the food industry. My classes will end the same time first semester ends. I'm planning to do more service learning, probably take a cake decorating class around my area.
The contact for my hours will be the office of my school:
Culinary Arts Institute (CAI)
201 W. Orangethorpe Ave., Fullerton CA 92832 
714-502-5970

No comments:

Post a Comment